Sunday, April 1, 2012

Personal Pizza Pockets

It is inevitable. Every time I ask my three-year-old what he wants for dinner I will get one of three answers, Chicken Nuggets, Mac and Cheese, or Pizza. Those are great suggestions to satisfy any three-year-old's palate, but lets be honest... I like to think I am an adult, with adult taste buds. When do I get something that will satisfy me? I decided to compromise. I would cave and make pizza, but on my own terms. A satisfying pizza pocket that I could have my favorite toppings in and not just the sausage and cheese that is always requested.


In scrambling through my refrigerator I found some tubes of crescent rolls and figured they would work fine for a good ole crust. In order to make these into a decent pizza pocket, I used 4 triangles per pocket (hello calories!) and blended the angled seams together so my sauce wouldn't leak out. Put the sauce, toppings and cheese in the middle of the dough, top with remaining 2 triangles and crease edges together. Bake on a cookie sheet for about 20 minutes at 350 until golden brown.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment