Sunday, April 1, 2012

Andes Mint Bark

I have to admit, that a good portion of my day is dedicated the the ingenious recipes of others through fascinating blogs. I am inspired, envious, and down right annoyed by the creativity of some of these talented individuals. I was recently browsing the Brown Eyed Baker when I noticed her Delicious recipe for Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark. It seemed to be simple enough for even me to handle. I headed to the store on search for the one item I did not have---mint extract. Simple enough right? Five stores later still no extract. I could find peppermint like no other... not the same. Instead of using the mint extract I settled for some good ole fashioned mint chips.

 The process was uncomplicated, and to make it even more so, I bypassed the double-boiler and settled for the old trusty microwave.
  • 8 oz Mint Chips
  • 8 oz White Chocolate Chips
  • 16 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 5 oz Andes Mints, coarsely chopped
Combine Mint and White Chocolate Chips in microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave for about 3 minutes on half power. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds until mixture is smooth.

Pour into a prepared pan lined with parchment paper. (I used a 9x13, but when I do it again, I will opt for something a little larger, the bark was a little too thick for my liking) Put pan in to refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until well set.

Melt Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave for about 3 minutes on half power. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds until is smooth.

Pour over Mint layer in pan. Top with chopped Andes Mints. Be sure to press mints into chocolate layer. Return to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to insure that it is completely set. After bark is set cut or break into pieces. May be kept in a air tight container for a couple of weeks in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment